Delight in our festive inspired baking class with Gary’s modern Christmas twist.
Christmas Baking with Gary Hunter
This one-day practical baking course will have you creating delicious treats for your loved ones and Gary will pass on his techniques for traditional, contemporary and innovative baking and decorating. As well as making edible gifts, this course is designed to be fun, informative and will add to your seasonal baking repertoire.
Up and coming events
What will the course provide?
The Skills Covered
- Essential techniques for baking
- Professional tips for getting ahead
- Baking festive biscuits (for tree decorations)
- Contemporary technique for Royal Icing
- Run-out technique
- Soaking dried fruit/using fresh yeast in bakery
- Festive decoration skills
- Stöllen Royale
- Cinnamon, Pecan and Cranberry Financiers
- Orange and Anise shortbread Christmas Tree Decorations
- Hunters Festive Mince Pies
What is included?
- Beverages and biscuits to begin the day
- Hands-on practical cookery learning
- Interactive demonstrations
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Light sit-down lunch with wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Ingredients used and listed in your recipe packs
- Full use of Hunters Academy of Food training kitchen
- Little weighing up of ingredients required
- Recipe packs to take home
What to wear: You will be in a professional cookery school environment so will need to wear comfortable clothes and preferably covered, closed toe shoes.
Are you looking to gift a class?
Our Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against any class at Hunters Academy of Food. You have the choice of sending your Gift Voucher immediately by email, or scheduling delivery for a later date.
Duration of the class:
9.30am – 3.30pm approx. (finish times may vary slightly)
£210. Price includes VAT
NOTE: Your course place is not secured until full payment has been received.