Plan ahead to make the most sumptuous Christmas Day Lunch without the hassle.
Christmas Day Preparation Course
Our specialist course will also cover wine tasting and tips for matching wines with festive foods, as well as the all-important Turkey preparation. We will pass on some great techniques that are classical, contemporary and innovative. This course is designed to be fun, informative and will kick-start your seasonal preparations for the big day.
Up and coming events
What will the course provide?
The Skills Covered
- Essential techniques for preparation of your own Turkey including brining, boning, stuffing and tying
- Professional tips in preparing for the big day
- Making the bread sauce, turkey stock for gravy, and fresh cranberry sauce in advance
- Pre-lunch English Whiskey cured salmon canapés
- Wine tasting and pairing with your Christmas menu
- Last minute homemade Christmas Pudding
- Whole Turkey preparation (bring your own Turkey)
- Turkey stock, bread sauce, cranberry sauce
- Festive stuffing
- Quick Christmas pudding
- English Whiskey Cured Salmon
- Brandy butter
What is included?
- Beverages and biscuits to begin the day
- Hands-on practical cookery learning
- Interactive demonstrations
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Light sit-down lunch with a glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative) plus further wine tasting session
- Local ingredients used and listed in your recipe packs
- Full use of Hunters Academy of Food training kitchen
- Little weighing up of ingredients required
- Full recipe packs to take home
What to wear: You will be in a professional cookery school environment so will need to wear comfortable clothes and preferably covered, closed toe shoes.
Are you looking to gift a class?
Our Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against any class at Hunters Academy of Food. You have the choice of sending your Gift Voucher immediately by email, or scheduling delivery for a later date.
Duration of the class:
9.30am – 4.30pm approx.
£220 per person. Price includes VAT
NOTE: Your course place is not secured until full payment has been received.