Classic and Modern Tarts
We will teach you how to master 3 types of short pastry, sweet, savoury and Breton. Having mastered each pastry, we will also make the fillings, a versatile crème patissière, make a seasonal quiche, learn how to finely slice fruit to decorate your tarts and make a frangipane filling.
Up and coming events
What will the course provide?
You will also be making a classic tart au citron. You will gain the knowledge and confidence required to create and bake a selection of tarts and pastry such as:
- Seasonal quiche
- Tart au citron
- Chocolate tart
- Individual fruit tarts
- Raspberry Breton
The Skills Covered
- Essential classical and modern techniques for the preparation of a selection of different short pastry products
- Professional tips in preparation and the baking process
- Making different tarts and tartlets to take home
- Presentation designs
- Flavouring concepts
What is included?
- Hands-on practical bakery learning
- Interactive demonstrations
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Full ingredients used and listed in your recipe packs
- Full use of Hunters Academy of Food training kitchen
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere and lunch with wine
- Recipe packs to take home
- No baking experience is necessary; just enthusiasm and a willingness to work alongside other like-minded food lovers.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
What to wear: You will be in a professional cookery school environment so will need to wear comfortable clothes and preferably covered, closed toe shoes. Hunters Academy of Food makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging, so we encourage you to bring your own containers to transport your baked goods home where possible.
Are you looking to gift a class?
Our Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against any class at Hunters Academy of Food. You have the choice of sending your Gift Voucher immediately by email, or scheduling delivery for a later date.
Duration of the class:
9.30am – 4.30pm approx.
£210 per person. Price includes VAT
NOTE: Your course place is not secured until full payment has been received.
Wanting to learn more?
The next step could be our class on the Art of Classic Patisserie – Part 2.