Introduction to Chocolate Class Seminar 1.0
You will learn to use couverture chocolate to make the ultimate chocolate truffle selection.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has an interest in developing their chocolate knowledge, whether you are considering making chocolates for home, opening your own business or just want to update your professional skills.
What will the course provide?
This is an informative, practical and hands on course for beginners incorporating the range of products and techniques.
- Explanation of the chocolate making process from cocoa tree to chocolate bar
- Chocolate tasting – plantation, single origin, blended grades of chocolate
- Tempering theory and practical – pre-crystallisation methods: seeding with callets and Mycryo™ cocoa butter, small batch microwave tempering
- A review of equipment and machinery
- Ideal working and storage conditions
- Chocolate truffles: pre-made truffle spheres finished with classic and contemporary decoration
- Free hand Chocolate Truffles: piped and cut
- Chocolate lollipops – introducing the use of transfer sheets and basic moulds
- You will also receive a full list of UK supply contacts to assist you with your chocolate equipment and ingredient sourcing
What is included in the course?
- Beverages and biscuits to begin the day
- Hands-on practical learning
- Interactive demonstrations
- Live feed TV screens to capture expert skills
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Light sit-down lunch and refreshments with wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- List of ingredients used and listed in your recipe packs
- Full use of Hunters Academy of Food training kitchen
- Full recipe packs to take home
- Certificates given on completion of this course
- Your lovely hand-crafted chocolates to take home with you
What to wear: You will be in a professional cookery school environment so will need to wear comfortable clothes and preferably covered, closed toe shoes.
Are you looking to gift a class?
Our Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against any class at Hunters Academy of Food. We will immediately schedule delivery to you or as gift directly to your chosen recipient.
Duration of the class:
9.30am – 4.30pm approx. (Some end times may vary)