Patisserie with Rebecca Heath of Hestia
Patisserie with Rebecca Heath of Hestia Patisserie
Entremets are a layered dessert that Rebecca has become renowned for as a speciality of hers. Each layer is comprised of a different sweet treat, ranging from mousses, sponges, fruit compotes, jellies, crèmeaux, biscuit, or bavarois, all often covered in a glaze. It can be as many layers, in as many colours, with as many tastes as you can imagine. The result should be a stunning, delightful treat full of complimentary flavours and textures. There are endless possibilities to delight when it comes to entremets – join us to learn the essential skills to get started.
Up and coming events - TBC
This class is an exploration into some of Hestia sweet secrets covering a host of different, valuable patisserie skills. Full of delightful treats, and expertise, this class is sure to be a wonderful introduction for anybody interested in discovering more about the colourful, stunning world of entremets.
Hestia Patisserie is run by classically trained chef Rebecca. After starting her career at Westminster Kingsway College on a three-year Professional Chef Diploma and working in high end hotels and restaurants in London, she moved to Nottingham to work at Michelin-starred restaurant, Sat Bains and then onto Copenhagen, Denmark, to work at various Michelin-starred restaurants. Upon returning to Norfolk, she has concentrated predominantly on patisserie, which has inspired her to establish her own business.
What will the course provide?
Rebecca has an abundance of experience and skill; a day’s teaching from her promises to be full of wisdom, advice, and great fun. You will gain the knowledge and confidence required to create and bake a selection of entremets and pastries.
The Skills Covered
- Essential classical and modern techniques for the preparation of a selection of different entremets and patisserie products
- Professional tips in preparation and the baking process
- Making different products to take home
- Presentation designs
- Flavouring concepts
What is included?
- Hands-on practical bakery learning
- Interactive demonstrations
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Full ingredients used and listed in your recipe packs
- Full use of Hunters Academy of Food training kitchen
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere and lunch with wine
- Recipe packs to take home
- No baking experience is necessary; just enthusiasm and a willingness to work alongside other like-minded food lovers.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
What to wear: You will be in a professional cookery school environment so will need to wear comfortable clothes and preferably covered, closed toe shoes. Hunters Academy of Food makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging, so we encourage you to bring your own containers to transport your baked goods home where possible.
Are you looking to gift a class?
Our Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against any class at Hunters Academy of Food. You have the choice of sending your Gift Voucher immediately by email, or scheduling delivery for a later date.
Duration of the class:
9.30am – 4.30pm approx.
£210 per person. Price includes VAT
NOTE: Your course place is not secured until full payment has been received.
Wanting to learn more?
The next step could be our class on the Art of Classic Patisserie – Part 1.