Classic patisserie has so many different types of pastry that we have split this subject into two different full day sessions.
The Art of Classic Patisserie – Part 1
On this first classic patisserie masterclass we will show you how to make sweet and salted pastry, how to rest and roll-out and how to blind bake your pastry. Having mastered the pastry itself, you will also make the fillings for your tarts, such as a crème patissière and frangipane, learning how to finely present fruit to decorate your tarts, make a quiche Lorraine and a classic tarte aux pommes.
What will the course provide?
We will also create some biscuits, sharing some of our favourite recipes with you. You will gain the knowledge and confidence required to create and bake a selection of tarts and pastry such as:
- Tarte Bourdaloue
- Tarte aux fruits
- Tarte aux pommes
- Cinnamon Sable
- Quiche Lorraine
The Skills Covered
- Essential classical techniques for the preparation of a selection of different sweet and salted pastries
- Professional tips in preparation and the baking process
- Making different tarts and biscuits to take home
- Presentation designs
- Flavouring concepts
What is included?
- Hands-on practical bakery learning
- Interactive demonstrations
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Full ingredients used and listed in your recipe packs
- Full use of Hunters Academy of Food training kitchen
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere and lunch with wine
- Recipe packs to take home
- No baking experience is necessary; just enthusiasm and a willingness to work alongside other like-minded food lovers.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
What to wear: You will be in a professional cookery school environment so will need to wear comfortable clothes and preferably covered, closed toe shoes. Hunters Academy of Food makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging, so we encourage you to bring your own containers to transport your baked goods home where possible.
Are you looking to gift a class?
Our Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against any class at Hunters Academy of Food. You have the choice of sending your Gift Voucher immediately by email, or scheduling delivery for a later date.
Duration of the class:
9.30am – 4.30pm approx.
£210 per person. Price includes VAT
NOTE: Your course place is not secured until full payment has been received.
Wanting to learn more?
The next step could be our Art of Classic Patisserie – Part 2.