After this course you'll be the cool, calm and collected host on the receiving end of your guests' applause and admiration as you serve up your stunning meal.
The Ultimate Seasonal Dinner Party Menu (Winter)
This course will teach you the art of prompt, effective entertaining and you will learn to cook every component of a starter, main course and wonderful dessert as well as how to present your food to a professional restaurant standard.
Cooking with your classmates is an integral part of your Hunters Academy experience. You will cook some of your recipes in pairs, and some independently – whatever the ratio, there is always more than enough food.
Up and coming events
What will the course provide?Your day will comprise of a mixture of hands-on cookery and demonstrations. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and. You will gain the knowledge and confidence required to create this seasonal menu below:
- Fougasse with rosemary
- Celeriac hazelnut and truffle soup
- Duck confit with garden herb crumb, Boulangère thyme potatoes, Braised Red cabbage with Port
- Chocolate and Amaretto roulade with Griottine
The Skills Covered
- Essential classical and modern techniques for the preparation of a Winter dinner party menu
- Professional tips in preparation and the cooking process
- Creating different parts of the menu
- Presentation and flavouring concepts
What is included?
- Hands-on practical learning
- Interactive demonstrations
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Full ingredients used and listed in your recipe packs
- Full use of Hunters Academy of Food training kitchen
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere and lunch with wine
- Recipe packs to take home
- No baking experience is necessary; just enthusiasm and a willingness to work alongside other like-minded food lovers.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
What to wear: You will be in a professional cookery school environment so will need to wear comfortable clothes and preferably covered, closed toe shoes. Hunters Academy of Food makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging, so we encourage you to bring your own containers to transport your baked goods home where possible.
Duration of the class:
9.30am – 4.30pm approx.
£210 per person. Price includes VAT
NOTE: Your course place is not secured until full payment has been received.
Wanting to learn more?
The next step could be our class on Basic introduction to chocolate.
Wanting to learn more?
The next step could be our masterclass on…